Frog Comm's Blog

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."Joshua 1:9

02 August 2007

Why am I up?


Why am I up at 2:21 AM on August 2, 2007? I’m not really sure. My wife got a call this afternoon that they don’t think her Grandmother will make it through the night. She is staying up there tonight with her family. I’m not sure that may be what is keeping me up. While I have been lying in the bed I couldn’t help but think back to the night my Ma Jack died. She had Alzheimer’s and had been sick for a while. What really amazed me through her last years (literally years) was her faith in God, her mind would go and there were some days I would go by to see her and she wouldn’t know who I was. She never forgot who God was though and what he did for her. She loved to sing and I would go by and sing with her, there would be days her mind would be bad, but once we started singing she would remember all the words. In her last days she would talk about going home. I can’t help but think about the song Beulah Land. I know her body was tired, but oh how her spirit must have been so hungry to see Jesus. My mom said many nights she would hear her saying the lords prayer out loud when she was having trouble sleeping. The night she died we sang with her, she didn’t have the strength to sing, but she held her hands up has high as she could. Oh to have that desire that longing to see Jesus to use all the strength you have. God forgive me when I get things messed up and lose focus of what is real.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

The picture is of the mailbox at my Grandmother’s house

No comments: