Frog Comm's Blog

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."Joshua 1:9

29 July 2007

Flowers





The flowers in the picture were my responsibility. Yea rut row, I was out of town for a couple of weeks and I didn’t remind my wife or daughter to water them. From the looks of the picture, now that I have been watering them again the past few days two are going to make it, one might and one doesn’t look so good. Looking at those plants got me to thinking about how we as a church and fellow Christians do.
We went to the store and brought these flowers, watered them and took care of them. Then the new wore off and I was distracted by something (going out of town). The flowers stopped getting the attention they needed and now look at them.
Don’t we do that with new Christians, when they make that decision we love on them, hug on them, then when the new wears off we stop caring for them. We get distracted and leave it for someone else to do and usually don’t check and make sure it’s done. Then when they end up like the flower on the left in the picture we try and figure out what happened and course it’s not because of something we did…I believe the answer is something we didn’t do, don’t you?

1 comment:

John said...

Barry,

Welcome to the blogosphere! Great to have you out there and I'm glad to have yet another way to stay in touch with what's going on in your life and ministry.

Great post on the flowers! That's two in two days! 1. turtle on a fence post and 2. flowers need tending. Thanks for your unique view of God and His work in this world.


Blessings