Frog Comm's Blog

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."Joshua 1:9

13 October 2008

Preparing


I have a friend whose daughter got married this weekend. He asked me to do the sound for it so I got to be a part of the practice and get there a little early and see some of the things that go on behind the scenes. What has really stuck with me was all the preparation and like I said I only saw a some of the preparation not nearly all of it. What has been on my mind was my preparation for it. My friend told me it was going to be on 11 Oct 08 at 2:00 PM. All I had to do was push play and then stop, simple right so all I really needed to do was show up and push play and stop. Now let me go through with you all my preparation, we met Thursday night to ensure the DVD would work, it didn’t so we spent probably 2 hours or more trying to get it to work. I called a friend to help on Friday when it didn’t work, he got it to work. I still showed up for the rehearsal on Friday night even though it was Homecoming and my daughter is a cheerleader and a senior. I did go to the pregame where she was recognized, then left after that. I showed up a little over an hour early on Saturday to just make sure everything was ready and working. As I was sitting there waiting on the wedding to start this is where it hit me. I also run the overhead projector for our early service at the church on Sunday mornings and it’s rare if I ever stop by and make sure everything is ready for Sunday, but for this wedding for a simple start and stop I had put in literally hours to make sure everything was ready. This got me to thinking about my life how many hours have I put into things I thought were important, but weren’t. I knew the wedding was going to happen so I prepared, I know I will meet Jesus face to face so why don’t I prepare more?

Hebrews 9:27 NIV - Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.

1 comment:

John said...

As always, good thoughts. Keep them coming my friend. There are a couple of folks who enjoy stopping by to read them. And even if no one ever reads them it has been good for you to put them down on "paper".