Frog Comm's Blog

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."Joshua 1:9

04 February 2008

Cell Phone in the Bathroom

I had one of those experiences tonight. I went shopping with my wife (don’t worry that’s not what this is about). I’ve been working some real long hours lately and she needed to do some shopping tonight, so I went with her so we could spend a little time together. Well the whole time we were out my 21 year old son kept calling and calling. He found out we were going by Wal-Mart and his list kept growing and growing. While we were at Wal-Mart I had to go to the restroom and while I was in there taking care of what needed to be taken care of my phone rang, I answered and then hung right up I figured it was my son again! It seemed like right after I hung up it rang again, I did the same, answered then hung right up. I was thinking I’ve talked to him twenty times and that has been enough. Well it didn’t ring again and after I had been out of the restroom for a few minutes I got to thinking what if he really needed something, so I called the house and to my surprise my daughter answered. I asked her had she been trying to call me and she said yes and I asked her what she needed and she said he had something to tell me. This may not seem like a big deal, but my daughter is 17 and over the last year or so I have became the dumbest and un coolest person she knows. I know in my heart it’s just that teenage thing, but she still is my baby you know.
After we talked even though it was brief I couldn’t help but think I almost missed that opportunity just because I was frustrated with my son, then it got me to thinking I should be glad my 21 year old son was calling me 20 times in a couple of hours. It got me to wondering how many parents wish there 21 year would just call them 1 time in a month. God forgive me when I get things out of order and forget you gave me these two kids to raise and I put my time and energy into other things. Father help me to be that parent I need to be and please continue to remind me they need my time more than other things that I think need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.