Frog Comm's Blog

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."Joshua 1:9

15 December 2007

Writing Letters


With my new job one of my duties is to read the incoming and outgoing mail. Oh in case I haven’t told you I work at a correctional facility now thus the requirement to read the mail. My attention has been caught by what is written in the mail. Some stuff I would never think of writing about, but then again for some this is the only way they have to communicate so I guess they have no choice. The one thing that has really gotten my attention is how the letters can change from talking about how God is the only way they will ever be able to get through what they are going through , talking about how they are going to be involved in church when they get out, to how they have really changed this time. Then in the very next paragraph they may switch and talk about they can’t wait to use drugs again or maybe they will give the person they are writing to a cussing. Then at the very end of the letter they will close with something like God loves us or maybe close with a bible verse. I’ve caught myself asking the question how they can do this. Then the other day I was thinking that I’m writing a letter everyday with my life and you know, I know sometimes God has asked himself how can he do this. I challenged myself to try and remember that each day I’m writing God a letter by how I live my life, by what I do and I say and even by what I don’t do or say. How about you what kind of letter are you writing God? Is he asking how can you do that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.